Moist and full of flavour, Zucchini Carrot Bread makes a great afternoon snack to pair with coffee, tea or a glass of milk.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase we may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality, not because of the commission we may receive from purchases.
Fall is my favourite time of year to bake. The days are getting cooler and shorter which means more time indoors. And I love the smell of fresh baked cookies, muffins and bread throughout the house. And the smell of this Zucchini Carrot Bread is no exception.
Zucchini and Carrots
This recipe also uses two fall harvest vegetables that are in abundance in September and October, making this an ideal recipe to use up those vegetables.
Carrots and zucchini are used in many recipes like muffins, cakes and bread, but it is rare to see them together in one recipe.
Together the zucchini and carrots add flavour to the bread. These two vegetables also add colour and it is what helps keep the bread moist. And because of the number of vegetables in the recipe, less oil is used.
And what better way to get kids to eat some vegetables than to hide in sweet bread!
Making Zucchini Carrot Bread
Making this bread is pretty easy. The hardest part is shredding the zucchini and carrots. I use a mandolin to shred them but a food processor can also be used. A food processor is faster to shred the vegetables but I find it more work to clean. When I first started making this bread, I used a box grater which you can use if that is your preference.
For baking the bread, two 8.5″ bread pans are used in the recipe. Non-stick is my choice, and I use parchment paper to line them. The parchment paper makes for easier cleanup and in my area, it is recyclable with our food waste.
How To Enjoy
Zucchini Carrot Bread can be enjoyed any time of day. Paired with coffee, tea or a cold glass of milk.
My kids eat it for breakfast and for an afternoon snack. And I pack it in their school lunches. Actually, they like it any time of day.
I like this bread warm with a little butter or apple jam like my Spiced Apple Jam that I also make in the fall.
Zucchini Carrot Bread
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line two bread pans with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Whisk in vanilla and milk.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and carrots. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick or fork inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Store leftover bread in an air tight container for up to 4 days.