Can you ever have enough chicken recipes? We are always looking for different flavors for chicken because we eat chicken three or four times a week. Chicken breasts are our go to choice and we always have some on hand. This easy to make and delicious Sweet Chili Lime Chicken Breasts can be grilled, baked or pan-fried.
There are many ways you can serve this recipe: in fajitas, on to of nachos, or to top a salad. The marinade can also be used on chicken wings for marinading before cooking or as a sauce for cooked wings. It also tastes great on chicken thighs.
The marinade for this recipe can also be used as a dipping sauce and can be stored in the fridge in a mason jar for up to two weeks. Since it holds up well in the fridge, it can be made ahead of time to use when you need a quick marinade or a dipping sauce.
This is a large recipe. The marinade can be used to marinade 12 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so the recipe can be halved. Or half the marinade can be stored in the fridge for later use.
This is a also good recipe for meal planning. The cooked chicken can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. It goes well with rice or in a wrap. We usually make 10 – 12 chicken breasts at a time so we have leftovers for lunches.
We use no sugar added marmalade because too much sugar can cause the chicken to crust or burn on the outside. Our go to is Smucker’s No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade. But any orange marmalade will work.
Sweet Chili Lime Chicken
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp No sugar added orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 boneless. skinless chicken breasts
- Place all ingredients, except chicken in a bowl and whisk together
- Pour into a large mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use
- Add chicken breasts to a bowl or large freezer bag.
- Pour about ¼ -⅓ of the marinade over the chicken, making sure all the chicken is coasted.
- Cover or seal and let marinade in the fridge for 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove from fridge about 30 -45 minutes before cooking
- Preheat grill to 350°F
- Place chicken breasts on grill, close lid and let cook to internal temperature of 160°F. Turning once
- Baste with leftover marinade when the temp is at 160°F and let cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Store leftover marinade in the fridge for up to 2 weeks