Easy Fudge Recipe
My kids love fudge. They could eat it as a meal if I let them. This Easy Fudge recipe is my go to every time I want to make fudge. It is so easy that even the kids can make it.
What Makes This Recipe So Easy?
It is made in the microwave with one bowl. And the only other items you need is a spatula, a measuring spoon, a can opener and an 8″ by 8″ pan. It’s even easy to clean up after making it. And since the pan is lined with parchment paper, that’s an easy clean up as well.
Easy Fudge can also be made using the double boiler method for melting chocolate. I had to use this method one year when my microwave broke just before Christmas. It works just as well, but takes a little longer to make.
The ingredients for this fudge are always on hand in my house, so I can whip up a batch anytime. It is only three ingredients plus add ins (if you want to add anything.)
And to make it cool faster, I place the pan in the freezer to cool instead of the fridge.
Some of the add-ins we have added are Skor bits, walnuts, peanuts, mini marshmallows and different extracts like peppermint or almond.
The recipe is versatile too. We have used dark chocolate and white chocolate. Chocolate Chips can also replace the chocolate squares.
This recipe is also great around the holidays. Because it is so easy to make, I make about 10 batches of this at Christmas. With different add-ins and using different types of chocolate, I add small squares of these to cookie exchange baskets. It is also great to pack up in small tins to give to family, friends and neighbors.
The fudge can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. It can also be store in the freezer for up to six weeks.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans or almonds, if desired
- In a microwave safe bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate.
- Place in microwave and heat for 3-minutes, stirring every 30-45 seconds until chocolate is melted
- Remove from microwave, stir in vanilla.
- Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into pan. Top with nuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set and completely cooled through.
- Cut into 1" squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.