Soft cookies filled with cranberries and a little white chocolate, Cranberry Cookies make a perfect snack and are great for Christmas time.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase we may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality, not because of the commission we may receive from purchases.
Cranberries are a Holiday Favourite
Cranberries are a holiday favourite but usually, they are used in cranberry sauces and jellies. We prefer cranberries baked into cookies.
These Cranberry Cookies are a Christmas favourite in our house. With cranberries in every bite and a little bit of white chocolate, these cookies make a perfect snack around the holidays.
Prepping The Cranberries
While most cookies with cranberries use whole fresh or dried cranberries, these cookies use chopped cranberries. But not just chopped, cranberries are finely chopped so that there is cranberry in every bite.
In order to get the cranberries chopped finely, first, the cranberries are frozen. I start with 2 cups of fresh cranberries and freeze them overnight. Once frozen, the cranberries are pulsed in a blender or food processor until broken down into small pieces. The cranberries have to be frozen or they will just turn to mush when you process them.
Frozen whole cranberries can also be used if you can’t find fresh ones.
Chocolate In Cranberry Cookies
There is a small amount of white chocolate in these cookies, which adds just a hint of flavour to the Cranberry Cookies. They also add a bit more sweetness to offset the tartness of the cranberries. There are two ways to add white chocolate to the batter.
You can add white chocolate chips which is an easy way to add chocolate to the cookies.
Or you can add a chopped white chocolate bar to the batter. This is my preference because higher-quality white chocolate can be used, which really adds to the richness of the cookies.
- Blender/ Food Processor
- Electric Mixer
- 2 cups cranberries, frozen
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate
- In a blender or food processor, pulse frozen cranberries until cranberries look finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar, until creamy and smooth
- Beat in egg, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate
- Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown and centre of cookie is still slightly wet
- Let cool on pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Store in an air tight container.