If you like chocolate hazelnut spread, then Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cookies are a must to try. They are easy to make and taste delicious.
Cookies are my kids’ favourite baked snack. I am always looking for new recipes to make. I look for inspiration for new recipes every time I walk through the grocery aisles. So when I came across a crunchy hazelnut chocolate spread in my local grocery store, the first thing I thought of was cookies.
My kids eat Nutella on just about anything, including on a spoon right out of the jar. They especially love Nutella on cookies. I have made Nutella Sandwich cookies in the past, but have never added it to cookie recipes.
What product inspired these cookies?
These cookies use a different brand of chocolate hazelnut spread. President’s Choice Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate Spread gave me the inspiration to try making a new cookie. These cookies are the result and my family and friends loved them.
Disclaimer: President’s Choice brands are only available in Canada and only at their branded stores. This post is not at all sponsored by Loblaw or President’s Choice Brands.
If you cannot find a crunchy version of chocolate hazelnut spread, you can add a 1/2 cup of finely chopped hazelnuts to a chocolate hazelnut spread before blending it with the butter in step 1.
Size Does Matter
Yes, size does matter with these cookies. At least when it comes to baking times. I use an ice cream scoop to make these cookies which means a longer baking time. In my oven the large cookies took 14 minutes. I made smaller ones using a cookie scoop, and those took 8 minutes to bake. The cookies should be soft in the middle, so they will still look a little wet on top when you take them out of the oven.
If you prefer a hard, crisp cookie, then you will need to bake them a little longer, about an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
Remember that ovens do vary, so you should always watch your first batch while baking, so the don’t over bake.
Storing Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cookies
These cookies store well at room temperature in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature.
They also freeze well if wrapped in parchment paper or wax paper in a freezer bag. When freezing, use up within three months. Thaw at room temperature.
Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cookies
- ½ cup crunchy chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix butter and chocolate hazelnut spread together until fully mixed.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until eggs are completely blended in.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, blending until all flour is incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Drop cookie mix by scoopfuls unto prepared pan, about 2 inches apart
- Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes for large scoops, 8-9 minutes for small scoops.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.